USG FLEX 500H crashes every 24-48 hours

cb1721
cb1721 Posts: 1  Freshman Member

I have purhased a ZyXEL USG FLEX 500H for a client of mine to replace a set of routers/firewalls for 2 ISPs with static IP address blocks each. Everything worked fine for about 2 months. We applied some changes to the firewall rules to cleanup the network setup causing the firewall to crash randomly every 24 to 48 hour approximately. Crash means that the lights are still flickering. But none of the assigned IP addresses can be pinged or connected anymore; all connections drop. Of course this is not what we expect from a 1200€ device. We have applied the most recent firmware update with no success. The only way to get the thing back working is a reset by powering off and on again. Of course this is not acceptable. The firmware seems to be half baked due to the fact that many settings cannot be set via the web interface (e.g. multliple addresses per interface) and we are very close to change the device if not even the brand, because we got to have this working - reliable working. So I kindly ask for support with this issue.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,059  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @cb1721,

Could you share the previous configuration and issued configuration for me to check?

Additionally, to better track this issue, I will DM you to request remote PC access to dump the console log.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!