Domain Zone Forwarders not working

nick_patchett
nick_patchett Posts: 12  Freshman Member
First Comment Fifth Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Has anyone use Domain Zone Forwarders on the Flex H range to direct specific requests to different DNS servers?

I have had to open a ticket as it doesnt appear to be working on my FLEX 700H when directing DNS requests for the nhs.uk domain to a DNS server accessible via an IPSEC VPN.

My static routes are in and working as DNS resolution works ok if I statically assign the DNS servers to my laptop.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,118  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

Did you have this problem with a non H model of USG?

• nick_patchett
    First Comment Fifth Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

This is a brand new installation so there has never been any other firewall installed.

• PeterUK
    edited July 18

I think I have seen this problem before which it can't be done due to you not being able to set Query Via VPN I think I worked out a workaround I see if I can find the post....

• PeterUK

can't find this old post about.

So this is a site to site VPN?

• nick_patchett

Yeah it's an IPSEC VPN and I need to query a DNS server at the other end of a tunnel.

This is how I've set it up

• PeterUK

You seem to have a VTI setup but I don't see how to set it up I got no add button

• nick_patchett

The VTI was created automatically when I created the IPSEC VPN

• PeterUK

I see different to other models so the setup is site to site Route-Based not Policy-Based

• PeterUK
    edited July 18

SO I finally got it setup with VTI between FLEX200H and USG60W to by Bind server for DNS and it works here.

Their was I static route that was added but I removed it does not seem to need it

Is your VTI Setting Local IP setup for your LAN subnet with a IP not in use?

what is the remote end IP Address Assignment set to for VTI?

• nick_patchett

The VTI was all automatically configured by the 700H and is set to a 169 address