Blocking access to web sites

2»

All Replies

• Dovetail_MD
    Dovetail_MD Posts: 81  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I sent a private message on 10 April 2019 and I still have had not had a response.

Also per the other strand I still cannot update this box - it keeps on nagging me that still will not update

If I do not get a response soon I am going to ask for a refund from my supplier and get a box that actually works properly
  • Dovetail_MD
    ThThe issue about upgraiding is that the box says "Please note that your new firmware download feature is disabled due to ITS installed.  Please contact local support to ensure the upgrade is applicable"

I have no idea what is "ITS".
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,366  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Dovetail_MD  

After checked configuration, you have added “cp.sobase.uk” in trusted website.

But custom service is disabled. So the rule will not work.

You can go to Configuration > UTM service > Content Filter > Office profile > Custom service > Tick ​​" Enable Custom Service" box.

Then trusted web site you configured will work.

According to firmware upgrading error.

It is because You are using a special release firmware which may have specific enhancement in the firmware.

To avoid the firmware enhancement/changing missing after upgrading your firmware to the formal release version. Please check the changes in the release note before upgrading your firmware. You can download the latest formal release firmware from Myzyxel.com (https://portal.myzyxel.com/  ). After downloading the firmware, you have to upgrade your firmware from locally.

After unzip the firmware package, select “.bin” file to upgrade your USG60W.

• Dovetail_MD
    Hi Charlie

Thank you concerning websites and the missing tick - so I am now well ticked off :-)  

If that does not translate as a joke, you may need to Google what ticked off means in the UK.

Concerning the firmware, the "special release firmware" can only have come from the time when we 1st had this device and one of your colleagues had remote access to it to set it up in the way that we want.

So I have no idea what are the "specific enhancement" - it may just be giving access to our local mail server through the firewall, which is no longer an issue - what did you spot as specific enhancement when you looked at the file I sent you?
  • Dovetail_MD
    Also, there is not a  ".ini" file in the zip file nor in the dropbox link you supplied - which file extension is the actual update please?
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,366  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2019

Hi @Dovetail_MD

There is no ".ini" file. When upgrading firmware ".bin" file is required 

So you have to select "433AAKZ0C0.bin" to upgrade your USG60W.

• Dovetail_MD
    Thank you Charlie

Sorry – I should read your emails more carefully - I have now gone through the process and it is just sitting there saying "Firmware upgrade in progress" and has been for the last 30 minutes
  • Dovetail_MD
    Also, there is a warning in the upload box about using special release firmware - I assume I have been saddled with this by the person that help me set it up - any advice of getting out of this cul-de-sac would be most welcome
  • Dovetail_MD
    Answer ✓
    now dealt with

Security Highlight