Why can't I establish a VPN connection after updating to macOS Sonoma? How can I resolve this issue?

Zyxel_Jeff
Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,169  Zyxel Employee
Third Anniversary 100 Answers 500 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 29 in VPN

Question :

Why can't I establish a VPN connection after updating to macOS Sonoma? How can I resolve this issue?

Answer :

Since there are changes to the VPN Phase 1 and Phase 2 parameters for macOS Sonoma's native VPN client, please modify them accordingly to allow the remote VPN to work.

USG Flex/ATP firewall model settings:

Please navigate to Configuration > VPN > IPsec > VPN Gateway > To add the VPN phase 1 setting. Please configure Phase 1 Encryption and Authentication settings to AES256/SHA256 DH2/DH14/DH19.

Please navigate to Configuration > VPN > IPsec > VPN Connection > To add the VPN phase 2 setting. Please configure Phase 2 Encryption and Authentication settings to AES256/SHA256 Perfect Forward Secrecy(PFS) : None.

USG Flex H firewall model settings:

Please navigate to VPN > IPsec VPN > To set the IKEv2 related information, as shown below:

Please configure Phase 1 Encryption and Authentication settings to AES256/SHA256 DH2/DH14/DH21 and Phase 2 Encryption and Authentication settings to AES256/SHA256 Perfect Forward Secrecy(PFS) : None.

Download the VPN configuration script .mobileconfig file to the Mac device.

Mac device settings:

Please navigate to System Settings > Privacy & Security to install the profile.

Allow to install the script file.

Edit the IKEv2 VPN profile, select 'User authentication,' and then choose 'Username.' After that, input the username and password.

Type the Mac device's password and click OK.

Please navigate to System Settings > VPN and edit the profile.

Choose User authentication to Username and type the username and password.

Dial the IKEv2 VPN connection successfully.

How to verify the result?

USG Flex/ATP firewall:

Please navigate to the path: Monitor > VPN Monitor> IPSec, you will find that the IKEv2 VPN connection has been established.

USG Flex H firewall:

Please navigate to the path: VPN Status > IPsec VPN > Remote Access VPN, you will find that the IKEv2 VPN connection has been established.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Tagged: