USG Flex 200H - Priority for autoupdate

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 209  Master Member
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hello everyone,

I updated to 1.21 firmware and I see that there is a specific area where to set the autoupdate for the firewall in "on-premise" mode:

I see also similar section inside Nebula:

Which is the right moment when the firewall autoupdate itself?

Everyday at 06.00 or on Monday at 02.00 ?

If I switch off green button for autoupdate:

Does the firewall still follow Nebula settings?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 867  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

In this scenario, the device checks both the on-premise schedule and Nebula settings to determine which is closest to the firmware release time. When a new firmware is released, the device will prioritize the nearest scheduled update, whether it's the one set on the web GUI or in Nebula. This prioritization is based on the firmware type in Nebula being set to "Latest."

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 209  Master Member
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
    edited August 29

Hello @Zyxel_Kay

thanks for this feedback.

Does the autoupdate set on premise request "Stable" versions?

See you soon

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 867  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

The Auto-update setting for on-premise devices supports "latest" version only.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Security Highlight