Best Practices

aldin
aldin Posts: 2  Freshman Member

Hello Zyxel Team,

I would like to ask for your recommendations and best practices for our network.

We are currently still utilizing our VPN50 firewall router behind our ISP’s basic router, with a 500 Mbps fiber subscription. Our network has 60 network devices including 30 IP cameras, NVRs, Zyxel managed and unmanaged switches, wireless antennas, NWA WiFi access points, and over 120 connected users. Our firewall router is running on default settings.

We have been experiencing slow browsing, especially during peak hours, and I believe the network is congested. Could you please suggest ways or network techniques to improve our network's performance? We are planning to upgrade to a USG Flex and would like to learn first the best practices to optimize our network.

Thanks

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,152  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

The VPN50 is a lot unpowered for your network

The Flex H would be fast unless its got something missing I would think with your setup you need a Flex500.

What I like to do is not use the defaults and learn what is needed by the network like why allow from LAN to WAN any when you can say HTTPS, DNS, NTP and so on from LAN to WAN.

With the current VPN50 if you go to monitor > traffic Statistics > traffic Statistics and uncheck Collect Statistics that will free up CPU

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,091  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @aldin,

Could you share your location and the contact information with me? I can ask our local sales team to contact you and help you evaluate which model suits your network. I will DM you for the information, please check the forum message box.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!