Flex 200H - Dual partitions for upgrade

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 209  Master Member
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch
edited September 5 in Security

Hello everyone,

I needed to upgrade this firewall remotely:

And everything was OK:

But I see only one partition available for firmware test.

Wouldn't it be better to always have the double partition available?

An easy way to have also the "Standby" one instead of only "Running" one like I have on all other Flex/ATP series?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solution

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,160  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited September 5 Answer ✓

It does have dual partitions you just don't see it the upgrade will always be to standby.

To see both run SSH
    edit running
    gui system standby-firmware-display true
    commit
    copy running startup

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,160  Guru Member
    Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers
    edited September 5 Answer ✓

It does have dual partitions you just don't see it the upgrade will always be to standby.

To see both run SSH
    edit running
    gui system standby-firmware-display true
    commit
    copy running startup

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 867  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @GiuseppeR

As @PeterUK mentioned, the USG FLEX 200H does have dual partitions, even though only the "Running" partition is shown in the web GUI. The new firmware is uploaded to the "Standby" partition, and the device boots from there. This design simplifies the process and prevents confusion for some users.

If you prefer to display the "Standby" partition in the web GUI, you can do so with a CLI command. Please refer to this FAQ article.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Security Highlight