PeterUK Posts: 3,152  Guru Member
Community MVP 2500 Comments Sixth Anniversary 100 Answers

USG FLEX 200H V1.21(ABWV.0)ITS-24WK35-0813-240800592

So back when I was testing before V1.2 it was fine I could do:
0 running config# vrf main interface ethernet ge2 ipv4 address 192.168.254.1/29
0 running config#! Commit

but now you added this
ERROR: [LY] / vrf main interface ethernet ge2 ipv4:
Must condition "not(dhcp/enabled = 'true' and count(address) > 0)" not satisfi ed.
ERROR: [LY] / vrf main interface ethernet ge2 ipv4:
Static IP cannot be set with dhcp.
ERROR: Invalid configuration, cannot commit.
0 running config#! 0 running config# vrf main interface ethernet ge2 ipv4 addres s 192.168.254.1/29
ERROR: Failed to parse command
0 running config# vrf main interface ethernet ge2 ipv4 address 192.168.254.1/2

Just as I'm trying to move from my Zywall 110 to this Flex200H and you do this to stop me so with any luck I can bypass this and continue

All Replies

• PeterUK
    edited September 6

Nope you can't bypass is by editing a save config, Really disappointed especially when I did a load of tests back in 1.1V and I tested this to work! Over 10 years you can do this on your USG and the day I think let move this FLEX200H to my main setup and the one thing I test first you make some rule that you can't do that.

with any luck I can get you to please allow this again.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,352  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula
    edited 5:32AM

HI @PeterUK ,

We have reproduced that when the main (original) Ethernet interface (ge) is set to 'DHCP', attempting to add a virtual interface on the same interface results in an error message. Our team is actively investigating this issue and will provide updates as soon as they are available.

In the meantime, you can successfully add a virtual interface on the ge interface if the main interface is configured as 'Static'.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• PeterUK

Thanks Judy I redesign the network for the time being and under case 456511 I was told virtual interface support was a depreciated feature. Was told that even if my setup did work before their might have been issues.