NWA130BE won't go into standalone mode

FlashBytes
FlashBytes Posts: 4  Freshman Member
Friend Collector First Comment

You really need to fix the NWA130BE.

1. It will NOT get an IP through DHCP.
  2. It will NOT setup as standalone

It's such an unnecessary pain to have to setup a static IP address on my PC and I had to organize a power cable, because I wanted to install the AP using PoE, but that doesn't work for static IPs.

Then, when I finally get to the login page, I'm explicitly asked, if I want to go StandAlone and click on the standalone link. I am asked for a password (*) and to setup time and stuff. OK.

Once rebooted I go to the new IP address, that now can be either a static IP you setup before or it's a random IP depending on DHCP.

Login won't take the password * I created and saved before. Odd, right?

I use the default admin and 1234 and it works. o.O

Then I get this minimalistic interface, where nothing can be set. Where is the standalone setup?

Please do NOT ask me to reset the device using the tiny button. I have done that twice already - with the same result.

Fix your AP.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 861  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security
    Answer ✓

Hi @FlashBytes

It looks like this device was previously registered to the Nebula Control Center by someone else. If this device is now yours, you can transfer ownership by registering it through the Nebula Mobile App. Please download the Nebula Mobile App from the following links: Android / iOS and scan the QR code sticker on the device to complete the registration.

Once you've registered the device, if you wish to switch it to standalone mode, please follow the guidance provided in the article mentioned above.

For simplified management, we recommend considering Nebula Cloud Mode for managing your APs.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kay
    Second Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @FlashBytes

To set up the NWA130BE in standalone mode, please refer to the Quick Start Guide, starting from the section “Option 2 Direct Management.”

If you’re seeing a minimalistic interface with limited settings after logging in, could you please provide a screenshot of what you’re encountering? This will help us better understand the issue.

Additionally, if your device has been registered in Nebula Cloud mode, some configurations on the web GUI may be hidden. Please send us your device’s S/N and MAC address via private message so we can check its status in our backend system.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to resolving this for you.

Kay

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @FlashBytes

Thank you for sharing your device information via private message.

After reviewing your device status, it appears that your NWA130BE is registered in Nebula Cloud mode, which is why some features are hidden on the web GUI. If you wish to switch your AP to standalone mode, please follow the guidance provided in this article:

Alternatively, if you would like us to handle this for you, please reply to confirm, and we’ll take care of it.

Looking forward to your response!

Kay

• FlashBytes

Hi @Zyxel_Kay

This is what the web page looks like:

How could my AP be registered in Nebula Cloud mode? Before today I've never logged into the Nebula Cloud.

Plus, while I setup the AP I was never asked to log into any account and when login into the Nebula Cloud I do now with this very same account I have for this forum… there are no devices to be found, which I could remove. Not surprising - for me at least.

Can you see, if this device was previously owned by someone else before I bought it?

• Zyxel_Kay
    Answer ✓

Hi @FlashBytes

It looks like this device was previously registered to the Nebula Control Center by someone else. If this device is now yours, you can transfer ownership by registering it through the Nebula Mobile App. Please download the Nebula Mobile App from the following links: Android / iOS and scan the QR code sticker on the device to complete the registration.

Once you've registered the device, if you wish to switch it to standalone mode, please follow the guidance provided in the article mentioned above.

For simplified management, we recommend considering Nebula Cloud Mode for managing your APs.

Kay

• FlashBytes

Thank you.

Transferring the ownership solved the issue. Now I was able to remove the device from the cloud albeit only through the web portal. The app was not only useless in this regard. It froze and almost crashed my phone.

• Zyxel_Kay

Hi @FlashBytes

We’d love to hear your feedback to help improve our Nebula Mobile App. Could you please let us know which OS you’re using (Android or iOS) and describe the issues you’ve encountered with the app? Your input is greatly appreciated!

Kay