Feature Request: Add Syntax Separators in ACL (Security Rules)

yazur
yazur Posts: 2  Freshman Member

Hello to the team and the community,

First, I'd like to thank the developers for their continuous work on Zyxel firewalls, which provide a robust and flexible solution for network security management. However, after several years of intensive use, I would like to suggest an improvement that I believe could greatly enhance the user experience: the addition of syntax separators in ACLs.

Currently, the lack of separators makes managing security rules quite complex, especially when configurations grow large and require great precision. Without the ability to structure and clearly visualize the elements within the rules, readability suffers, which increases the risk of human errors. It quickly becomes tedious to maintain optimized and secure configurations.

With syntax separators, it would be much easier to organize and prioritize information, which would allow for:

• Better rule readability.
  • Faster management of changes and revisions.
  • Reduced configuration errors due to visual inconsistencies.

This feature may seem minor at first glance, but it would provide tremendous ease for all users managing complex infrastructures, while also strengthening overall security.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I am confident it would improve the experience for many users like myself!

Best regards,

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,098  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @yazur,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us. Could you share some examples with us? This would help us to evaluate this idea.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!