USG FLEX 500 no option to modify interface

daniel_maldet
daniel_maldet Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited September 26 in Wireless

I have a new client using Zyxel devices. The have a Flex USG 500 firewall. WiFi is not in the interface list. The instructions I've found show to go interfaces and add it. My interface page shows all eight interfaces but there is no option to add, remove or edit. That bar doesn't even exist. My client has Zyxel access points that were working on this firewall before I restored it and become to configure it myself. How can I add the WiFi/wireless interface?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,394  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hi @daniel_maldet ,

The USG FLEX 500 does not have Wi-Fi/wireless capabilities. This feature is only available in the "W" series firewalls, such as the USG FLEX 100W. Please refer to the specifications here for more details:

USG FLEX 100W - USG FLEX Firewall - License & Spec | Zyxel Networks

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,204  Guru Member
    Seventh Anniversary Community MVP 2500 Comments 100 Answers
    edited September 20

Are your Zyxel access points Controller-managed or Standalone?

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,394  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hi @daniel_maldet ,

My interface page shows all eight interfaces but there is no option to add, remove or edit. That bar doesn't even exist.

If you're referring to the USG FLEX 500 functioning as an AP controller, please note that according to its specifications, there should be a section to configure Wi-Fi settings for managed APs. This configuration area typically appears as shown below:

Could you please take these two screenshots on your USG FLEX 500?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L