Problems with upgrading firmware NWA50AX!

BliXem
BliXem Posts: 2  Freshman Member

Hi,

I am using two of the four NWA50AX devices which are new, but I can't upgrade to the latest firmware. It fails all the time. I don't know why. Tested this with 2 seperate devices. Even under Nebula it won't work.

What can I do to fix this? Even when I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 it fails. Are those devices defective?

Devices are one day old and 2 still new in the box.

I tested it via de GUI, via FTP and manual, but it fails after reboot.

I hope someone can help me to find out why it fails.

I am using PFsense, it did redirect to my adguard home server, even when 8.8.8.8 is used as DNS, but I temp. disabled this so 8.8.8.8 is used and it won't redirect to my DNS server locally.

Also, on my second device I see this before login in:

Note:

This device is managed by Nebula, please use Nebula assigned password

in the Site-wide > General settings > Device configuration.

But I didn't connect it to Nebula (yet)…

Second question: Is band steering available for standalone devices?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 647  Zyxel Employee
    Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security

Hi @BliXem

Regarding the firmware upgrade issue, could you please provide the details of the firmware versions you upgraded from and to? Did you notice any specific error messages during the process?

For the device showing the message, "This device is managed by Nebula, please use Nebula assigned password," although it’s not registered in Nebula, are you able to access the web GUI using either the device or Nebula passwords?

In Nebula, the Band Steering feature is referred to as Band Select. While in standalone mode, we do not have an exact equivalent, we do offer 802.11v (BSS Transition), which is somewhat similar to Band Select. When clients connect to the AP, they verify their capabilities through management frames. If the AP detects that the client supports 802.11v, it will trigger specific behavior. For instance, if the AP finds that the client is 5GHz-capable but is connected to the 2.4GHz band, it will prompt the client to roam to the 5GHz band.

To enable this feature in web GUI:

1. Navigate to: Configuration > Object > AP Profile > SSID > SSID list.
    2. Add/Edit the relevant SSID.

For more advanced client steering features, such as Band Select, we recommend using Nebula for easier management and enhanced control.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Nami