MLO on NWE130BE - Performance slow with Iphone 16 Pro

Chris888
Chris888 Posts: 34  Freshman Member
Community MVP 10 Comments

Hi,

i use a NWE130BE - works very fine! Last firmware, linked with 2,5GGb to a 10Gb-Core-Switch and a 10Gb QNAP-NAS.

I set up a new SSID to test MLO a few days ago. My Win11-Laptop with Intel BE200 and 24H2 works fine with MLO. No issues, very stable. More than 4Gb/s with iperf3 against my Qnap.

Since yesterday i have a Iphone 16 Pro. Connected to MLO-SSID as well, Nebula shows "MLO-Connected" on all 3 bands. Everythings seems fine, but the connection is slow. Iperf3 only show 500kb/s (same settings as allways).

When i connect it to the "old" SSID (Wifi 7 without MLO), it shows 700k/s. Again slow, but better.

Any recommendations how to setup the connection or do better testing etc?

Regards

Christian

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,394  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Second Anniversary Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch

Hi @Chris888 ,

We haven't received similar reports from other users. Furthermore, based on your description, the Windows 11 laptop works well with the NWA130BE MLO SSID, suggesting there's likely no issue with the AP itself.

We'll continue to monitor this situation. In the meantime, we recommend contacting Apple support to investigate potential issues with their wireless card.

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• Chris888

Hi,

okay, i opened a ticket at Apple, too.

Regards

Christian

• Chris888

Today i´ve done some testing.

What i found: When i setup the new SSID with MLO, i used all my APs. One of them (NWA55AXE) provide only Wifi6 and no MLO.

Now i changed the SSID to only the NWA130BE.

My Iphone now (It was allways connected to the Wifi7-AP!) provide 1,5GB/s within the same IPERF3-Test.

Strange. :-)

Regards

Christian