Radius Auth Timeout

bizupit
bizupit Posts: 5  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hello everybody!

I have set up an NWA110AX at a new site and have troubles to get the radius authentication working, as i always get timeouts according log:

I tried 3 different NPS from our Network and verified, that the packets aren't blocked anywhere.
I also verified that the radius client is set up correctly at the NPS.

Neither is working - altough I am already running serveral Zyxel AccessPoints with these NPS Servers - the only difference is, that this one is connected to the NPS through a L2L Tunnel as we don't have a server on the site where the new accesspoint is located.

At the NPS itself it is a bit funny, whenever I use a wrong shared secrets, I get an error telling me that I did:

But whenever I set matching Shared Secrets at the Radius client as well as the NPS, I get no log entry at the Server at all - only the timeout entries logged at the Radius Client.

I would apreciate any help, as I don't have an idea what to check next.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Andy

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 2,140  Zyxel Employee
    250 Answers Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Third Anniversary 1000 Comments

Hi @bizupit,

Since you mentioned using the L2L tunnel, did you try using the live tool > Ping tool to check if the AP can access the NPS server? You might need to check if both sites have configured the correct routing rule.

Zyxel Melen

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free!