USG40 to USG Flex 50 and USG60 to USG Flex 100 : configuration migration is possible?

mMontana
mMontana Posts: 1,380  Guru Member
50 Answers 1000 Comments Friend Collector Fifth Anniversary

A "simple config" USG40 is going to be put offline for a new USG Flex 50.

The configuration migration from USG60 to USG Flex 100W (I was helped and suggested as howto from zyxel representatives) and USG40 to USG Flex 100 was… less than ideal, however worked. But according to the configuration converter website…

https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/promotions/usg-configuration-converter

USG 40 to USG Flex 50 is.. not available, as USG60 to USG Flex 100.

Any advice is really appreciated.
(Bizarre receiving a "important notice for new users"… while I'm classified as "guru member"…)

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary

Just a case of doing it manually with coffee coping settings to the new models.

What I had to do going from Zywall 110 to Flex200 H

• mMontana
    edited October 11

I'm also doing the same on USG60 to USG Flex 100…

on one side, PITA, on the other side cleanup of older/stale settings no more needed.

• Zyxel_Kay
    Zyxel_Kay Posts: 991  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - WLAN Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security

Hi @mMontana

Due to the differences in hardware and specifications, we recommend migrating from the USG40 to the USG FLEX 100 and from the USG60 to the USG FLEX 200. If you're looking to migrate to a different model, this would need to be done manually.

Regarding the notice you mentioned, if you'd prefer not to see it again while submitting a question, you can close the notice by clicking the “x” in the top right corner of the notice bar. This will prevent it from appearing again for future inquiries.

Kay

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes! https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• mMontana

The notice is still bizzare and useless, also than out of target.

And due current necessities and budget choices, the match between older and current device has the one reported in the first post, not in the supposed answer. Which currently is not that useful.

Security Highlight