Flex 100HP - wrong "password changed date" value

GiuseppeR
GiuseppeR Posts: 246  Master Member
Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector

Hello everyone,

I went for a walk among the settings of the new Zyxel family POE firewall and I noticed that the firewall tells me that yesterday (2024-10-10) I changed my password:

I never changed it since first installation (2024-10-04).

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,379  Guru Member
    50 Answers 1000 Comments Friend Collector Fifth Anniversary
    edited October 11

At first installation date was correctly set?

In doubt… change it today, simply assure you that… date and time are correct before change the password.

If possibile, after a successful login, consider a reboot of the device.

Also consider verify that device is running latest firmware version.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 1,482  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Nebula Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 2 - Security Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula

Hi @GiuseppeR ,

In addition to mMontana's recommendation, you can also check the logs for any unusual login activity and change your password if needed.

Engage in the Community, become an MVP, and win exclusive prizes!

https://bit.ly/Community_MVP

• GiuseppeR
    GiuseppeR Posts: 246  Master Member
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Nebula First Comment Friend Collector

Hello @Zyxel_Judy and @mMontana

the "Password Changed Date" value is influenced by the firmware update itself:

I could not change the password as suggested because it is shared with Zyxel engineering team, we are testing a new firmware with a firewall in production.

That "2024-10-25 19:59" is the timestamp of the latest update I installed from a local folder just some minutes ago.

I think that changing value should be considered a bug, because it is not really a "Password Changed Date". It could be misleading like it happened with this thread