USG40 simultaneous dual ppoe disconnections

Options
James
James Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I'm having an problem with a USG40 with dual WAN connections to separate modems. Both connections seem to drop out frequently and either simultaneously or in quick succession. Both are to separate modems on separate ADSL lines. MTU is set at 1492 for both, and both lines perform well so long as they remain connected. Dropouts can occur days or minutes apart, but usually seem to happen in long clusters, but only for a few seconds at a time - the USG redials and reconnects within a few seconds. See screenshot for illustration.

I've checked and rechecked the config and can't find any issues. I've rebooted the USG which doesn't solve the problem. I've also removed the session limit as suggested somewhere else, to no avail. Any ideas?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,366  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @James

The most of ISP will disconnect the PPPoE connection a couple of days. (It is defined by different ISP) And It is normal behavior.

If nail-up function has enabled, USG will reconnect after ISP disconnected it.

• James
    James Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Zyxel_Stanley

Thanks for your response, but this isn't the answer. The nailed-up function is already enabled for both ppoe interfaces. The interfaces already do reconnect a minute or so after disconnecting, but disconnections are so frequent (often every few minutes) that this still amounts to significant down-time. I have already asked the ISP and they are not disconnecting the ppoe at this frequency, and certainly not simultaneously on both lines.
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,366  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I will check this issue by private message for more details.

Security Highlight