EX5601-T1 VOIP issues

ManicMan
ManicMan Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment

Hi, I just got the VoIP service setup for my broadband all via the EX5601-T1 Zyxel router but there are a couple of issues with how it's working out and looking around, best I can find to help is saying about some settings which I can't find in this router.

I have a Landline phone connected to the Router but it takes 6 Rings of an incoming call before the landline phone starts to ring. This is quite a lot and I have had people hang on before it even starts to ring for me.

There is also a problem with I think Echo where the caller in also hears what they are saying at a slight delay, making it a bit weird on their end.

When I look at the VoIP settings, there doesn't seam to be too much I can do without having an idea of what I'm doing. Bunch of Timer settings, and dialing intervals and transport types etc.. I can't find much help on this. Does anyone have any ideas or possible ideas for what I can safely try to fix the two problems?

All Replies

• Peter2
    Peter2 Posts: 118  Ally Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Community MVP

Hi, i think you should activate the logs for VoIP first . Shure there is a option for echo cancellation .

May be you use a dect Telephone with its base on the analog Port ? This can result in echoes too

some dect Tels have a special option against it .

• ManicMan
    ManicMan Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Comment

there is an settings for Echo cancellation on the receiver end but it's already on.

I've contacted the service provider and after a firmware update, it appears to be much better, but need to give it a few days to double check

thanks

Consumer Product Help Center