Detecting a vpn anonymizer in the local network and who is using it?
I have an ATP500 firewall. There has been someone inside the network using express vpn before connecting to the internet. I can see in the App Patrol that it is being used, but I'd like to see if its an employee on the company network or a contractor using our guest wifi. Is there a way to log the ip and mac of the machine using the vpn anonymizer? I've tried activating the logs and using it from my machine, but I can't seem to find where in the logs it exists if it does exist. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas on the subject!!
Accepted Solution
-
Hi @mike4682,
Did you configure App Patrol to block the VPN software? If yes, the event log should record the client IP address that triggered App Patrol blocking.
Zyxel Melen0
All Replies
-
Hi @mike4682,
Did you configure App Patrol to block the VPN software? If yes, the event log should record the client IP address that triggered App Patrol blocking.
Zyxel Melen0
Categories
- All Categories
- 442 Beta Program
- 3.1K Nebula
- 241 Nebula Ideas
- 6.8K Security
- 755 USG FLEX H Series
- 380 Security Ideas
- 1.8K Switch
- 87 Switch Ideas
- 1.5K Wireless
- 58 Wireless Ideas
- 7.2K Consumer Product
- 321 Service & License
- 512 News and Release
- 99 Security Advisories
- 31 Education Center
- 10 [Campaign] Zyxel Network Detective
- 5.3K FAQ
- 34 Documents
- 90 About Community
- 119 Security Highlight
Freshman Member
Zyxel Employee