gs1920 and nap102 not showing online

Joepverboven
Joepverboven Posts: 3
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

Hi There,

I have the following problem, that my GS1920 switch is not showing online in the NCC software.

If I am lucky only 1 of 5 AP's is online, and that one is switching for online to offline @ random.

Situation:

Glasfiber internet connection > Draytek router (DHCP) enabled > GS1920-24 managed switch > 1 NAP102 AP wired to the switch > rest of 4 AP's should connect through mesh.

Draytek has internet connection, when I connect switch > the switch does not come online in the NCC, but when I plug in my laptop wired to switch I have internet access.

I tried to update firmware from the switch, it failed, but then it succeeded. :S

The access points sometimes show up in the Nebula but then they go offline again.

Also the wired AP is switching from on to off line... it is driving me crazy...!

Draytek has IP 192.168.1.1 - 255.255.255.0 - 8.8.8.8

Switch has IP 192.168.1.10 - If I go to switch overview I don't see a LAN ip address - I can ping the switch and can go to the webinterface (I can login to the switch with admin - <Nebula generated password>

I set it up by a customer of mine....

Before I did that I made a test setup in my own bussiness > And everything was working just fine.

Now I can't get anything to work ... even the wired access points are going from on to offline @ random....? What am I doing wrong... I think the problem is somehow IP based, I think the switch don't get the right ip / dhcp settings... And the wired AP that has to give dchp through also is not working...

I also tried to give them a static ip address (the switch and ap's)

ip switch:

192.168.1.10 subnet 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 dns 8.8.8.8

AP:

192.168.15 subnet 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 dns 8.8.8.8

I hope someone can give the the right answer...! I think it has to do with the switch...

Any help is welcome..

Thanks in advance from the Netherlands, make me a Zyxel / Nebula fan!

Kind regards,

Joep

Comments

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2019

Hi @Joepverboven

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Your question should be categorized in Nebula based on our policy.

We've noticed you also posted the same content in Nebula category and now handling by our Nebula agent Freda.

Thank you for choosing Zyxel product.

Zyxel_Lucious