iPhone app of Multy X accesses the device through the firewall - how to stop this

TorstenB
TorstenB Posts: 8
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Recently I installed a Multi X base station. The control app on iPhone can access the device though the firewall.

How can I stop this?

Access should only work when the iPhone his connected through VPN

Comments

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2019

Hi @TorstenB ,

Welcome to Zyxel Community.😀

Do you mean even your Iphone is not in the Lan, the multy still can be manage by APP from Internet?

As long as the phone and the Multy can access to the internet, user can manage their Multy system everywhere on the phone.  

Multy app doesn’t require connection of Multy wifi, user still can use the LTE or other AP on their phone to manage their Multy.

May I know why do you want to stop/disable such a convenient function?

• Hi @Zyxel_Cooldia

Yes, when the iPhone is not connected to the LAN, I can still access the device though the Multy app..

My concern is, that I can do this without accessing the LAN (through cable, wireless or VPN).

Management interfaces of all other devices (server, switch, printer, router can only be accessed when a connection to LAN is established. No direct access from internet is allowed.

The Multy app tunnels right through the firewall. I would rather have it in line with the device access policy described above.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @TorstenB

Maybe we can create a security a rule to block traffic from Multy to tunnel server. 

However, the APP communicate Multy X via cloud tunnel, if you block that, you also cannot manage it when you are in local lan.

Security Highlight