Windows 10 (1903) clinets not keeping IPv6 Gateway

Options
Robson
Robson Posts: 4
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Good day,

I sent already a request to the Zyxel support but no answer from there. Maybe someone here in the Forum can help.

Imagine following situation:

Using a Zywall USG60 with several VLANs bond to LAN1 for internal LAN separation. The ISP is connected to WAN1. To get ISP traffic working it was needed to configure a VLAN on top of WAN1 and on top of the VLAN a PPP interface. From the provider the USG gets an IPv6 prefix (/56) via DHCPv6. The prefix is delegated using Prefix delegation to the single VLANs each which it's own amendment to the prefix. So far so good.

I enabled the router advertisement on those internal VLANs to announce the IPv6 router to the clients. Those fe80::xxxxxx addresses stay in the Windows clients for about three minutes then they just vanish with the result no IPv6 traffic towards other VLANs nor the internet is possible anymore. When disabling and enabling the interface on the Windows client the three minutes stars again.

There's no problem with Apple Mac and iOS devices. They keep the router information as it should.

Any idea what could be the reason?

Firmware version on my USG60 is: 4.33(AAKY.0). SLAAC is disabled on all interfaces.

Thank you already for some help.

Robert

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Robson

Welcome to Zyxel Community. ?

The issue was fixed, you can get the firmware from the link below,

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/USG60/firmware/433AAKY0ITS-WK19-r88384.zip

• Robson
    Robson Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Hello and thank you for the welcome.

I installed this FW version now and it really seems to correct this issue. Even though other Windows clients are now picking up the gateway after a while.

As this version can only be found from FTP is this some kind of beta version and should be avoided in production environments or are those as good as other releases?

Anyway, thanks for the hint and best regards,

Robert

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Robson

The fixed will be included in coming official firmware release.

Security Highlight