XS 1930-12HP link speed settings in aggregation mode missing (Nebula Cloud Interface)

Options
kilby
kilby Posts: 4
First Comment
image  Freshman Member

I want to create an aggregated link between my GS1900-24 and the XS1930-12HP with 2 DAC cables on the SFP ports.

If I configure the individual SFP+ ports and set the link speed on the XS1930 to 1G (because GS1900 only supports SFP = 1 G) then the links work fine. When I then aggregate the two ports the link setting is overridden and returns to AUTO on the XS1930 and the connection cannot be established.

In Nebula Cloud I am not able to change the link speed setting of the aggregated ports. And, contrary to the note that appears in the aggregation dialog, the settings of the lower port number are not taken over by the other port(s).
Please advice how to solve this? Is it possible to change the link speed in the local management console?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

  • kilby
    kilby Posts: 4
    First Comment
    image  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

    Got it working. I had to set the ports to Auto/1G before making the trunk.

    If a fixed link speed of 1G was set it reverts to Auto during aggregation.

    But if it is set to Auto/1G it stays on Auto/1G.
    Would however be better to allow modification of the link speed also in aggregation.

All Replies

  • XiLeiHaLo
    XiLeiHaLo Posts: 23
    First Comment First Answer Friend Collector Fourth Anniversary
    image  Freshman Member
    Options

    I think the 1G is not the point because both switches have auto negotiation on switch ports.

    You should configure port media type to 'DAC 10G' instead of SFP+ on the two ports of XS1930 before aggregated them.

  • kilby
    kilby Posts: 4
    First Comment
    image  Freshman Member
    Options

    Thanks, but I have already set it to DAC10G and still the same.
    I think the auto negotiation doesnt work properly, because in auto mode I do not get an active link even without aggregation.

  • kilby
    kilby Posts: 4
    First Comment
    image  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

    Got it working. I had to set the ports to Auto/1G before making the trunk.

    If a fixed link speed of 1G was set it reverts to Auto during aggregation.

    But if it is set to Auto/1G it stays on Auto/1G.
    Would however be better to allow modification of the link speed also in aggregation.

  • Propstat
    Propstat Posts: 2
    First Comment Friend Collector
    image  Freshman Member
    Options

    As of today this is broken, Auto/1G does not persist anymore when creating LACPs on Firmware V4.80(ABQE.5) | 05/22/2026.

    @Kilby which firmware are you using?

  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 5,116
    Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Switch Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Nebula Zyxel Certified Sales Associate
    image  Zyxel Employee
    Options

    Hi @Propstat

    Could you share more details? Which management mode are you using? Nebula mode or standalone mode?

    Zyxel Melen