Issue with L2TP IPSEC VPN on V4.35 firmware

Options
Brady
Brady Posts: 5
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

We had been using V4.30 firmware for over one and half year. Its L2TP VPN worked fine for us. We never really had connection issue.

Recently we upgraded to V4.35 firmware, we now started to see L2TP VPN connection issue on Mac. VPN tunnel is established, but users can not connect to any internal website. When this happened, I tried ping internal IP address, it didn't work. I had to reboot router to make it work.

Have anyone here seen similar VPN issue with V4.35 firmware?

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Would you please double check the ports that are allowed from WAN to ZyWall (firmware notation) if 1701 UDP is still allowed.

Also, double check the firewall rules from IPSec zone and L2TP subnet to LAN1 zone and subnet.

• Brady
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I added 1701 UDP. It didn't help. I also add a policy to make sure traffic from L2TP subnet to LAN zone and subnet, but it doesn't make difference.

It failed again today. I rebooted once, it didn't work. I had to reboot for the second time for it to work. Since this happens very often, I am thinking reverting to old firmware version.

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @Brady,

We need the configuration file to check the symptom. I will contact you in private message for more information.

• Brady
    Options
    Thanks!

Security Highlight