USG60 Limited throughput

Options
Bjorn
Bjorn Posts: 4
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why the throughput in our USG60 is only about half the speed (about 50 Mbit/s) the internet connection have before the Zyxel device (over 100 Mbit/s).  In my attempts to find out the reason I made the test suggested in the tread "USG-50 Limiting our bandwidth, why?" getting an CLI error for the command "show anti-virus activation".

Router# show anti-virus activation

% (after 'anti-virus'): Parse error

retval = -1

See the PDF of the screen image. As for other asking the same question the configuration of the USG60 is mostly as out of the box using the Easy Mode interface.

To start with the error above, what is wrong?

Regards

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,106  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Bjorn

Welcome to Zyxel community

Because the Anti-Virus function is actually a profile based feature.

If you check the settings in the expert mode, you’ll see that there’s no enable/disable checkbox in this feature. So this command is no longer supported in the releases.

We’ll review and revise the CLI reference guide.

• Bjorn
    Bjorn Posts: 4
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

Tanks for your reply @Zyxel_Jerry

So back to my original problem, about losing 50% of the capacity in the Zyxel USG60. As I understand your answer confirms that there is no other functions running except the basic firewall. Any suggestions about what could be wrong? 

Regards Bjorn

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,106  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Bjorn

To clarify the issue, can you provide us your scenario, network topology with IP/subnet and send your configuration in private message to us?

Security Highlight