IPSec with IKEv2: Connection drops when rekey IKE

2»

All Replies

• thom_ko
    thom_ko Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @Zyxel_Jerry

thanks for your feedback. Please get back to me once there's a workaround or hotfix for this.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

• thom_ko
    Hi @Zyxel_Jerry,

it's now a month since your last feedback. Is there any progress on this topic?
    I'm interessted in having this working!

Best regards and thanks in advance,
    Thomas
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2020
    Hi @thom_ko

After check, it might be the behavior changed after IOS upgrade the firmware from 12 to 13.
    USG has sent packet to the client, however we do not know why the client send back USG disconnected packet. We're still checking on it.
    You can have a try to build up L2TP tunnel to the device, if it is not necessary to use IKEV2 to build a tunnel,

• Cross_IT
    Cross_IT Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi there
    Are there any News on this topic?

thanks in advance
    Lukas
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee

Hi @ Cross_IT

After check, this is IOS behavior changed caused the symptom.

Maybe IOS will fixed it at the next version release.

If there is needed to build up VPN tunnel,

you can have a try to build up L2TP tunnel to the device.

Here is the FAQ how to setup L2TP VPN for your reference.

https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/4532/how-to-setup-l2tp-vpn

• thom_ko
    Dear @Zyxel_Jerry,

I posted about this problem in march. So far there's absolutely no feedback from your side in regards if this will ever be fixed. I also don't see any update in the knowledgebase article considering this topic. It easy to blame the other party (in this case Apple). If it would be a general issue and other VPN-gateways would have been affected as well, Apple would already have fixed it. IKEv2 is not so uncommon these days. Additionally VPN's have been used more frequently during the Covid-19 pandemic.

In the end you're advertising and selling a feature which doesn't work. The support of IKEv2 was one of the reasons I decided to buy the USG20W-VPN. I have been a happy Zyxel customer for over 20 years. But regarding the issues I had with the USG20W-VPN (see my thread about Wifi stability which is amongst the ones with the most posts in the forum), I'm definitely not going to buy a Zyxel product again. As a client I expect a product (hard- and software) to be properly tested and verified prior to it's being released. Another point I criticise is the lack of a proper bug tracking system where we as customers could report bugs and have an insight about their status and progress.

Best regards,
    Thomas

• LAURAM
    LAURAM Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    It's  IOS13 rekey issue, other routers has same problems with IKEV2 

Security Highlight