ATP200 with WLAN

Options
Cat2
Cat2 Posts: 4
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

I have a USG 20W in service and like to upgrade it. I checked out USG 60W, but I read it has some WLAN problems. I got my eyes now on the ATP200. Unfortunately it lacks an integrated WLAN AP.

1. Is the ATP able to schedule on/off times of an managed WLAN AP? I did this with a shell script on the USG 20W.
  2. Can I take the current USG settings over to ATP? (Firewall Objects, NAT- and rout settings.

Thanks for any clarfication.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Username_is_reserved
    Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options

Hi

I bought one but not installed it right now. If you want I can power mine up.

I would recommend the Manually Set everything in the ATP to avoid error from that.

When your USG work you can "just" hung up your Laptop to the ATP Set everything UP and than Plug everything onto the ATP.

I personally use a USG300 now (at Home).

And for the Wifi what did you mean with "on/off times"?

• Cat2
    Cat2 Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options

This is going to take some time to transfer all settings. I found a converter, but it is for the newer USG models..

For the WLAN, I turn off the radio on certain times. This is done through a shell script running on the USG 20W. I was wondering if I could do something similar with a WLAN AP managed by ATP200?

Security Highlight