[Date Firmware release] NWA5123AC-HD Support Tunnel Mode
Due to the uprising Work-From-Home requirement, a date firmware is released for allowing Tunnel mode to be supported by NWA5123AC-HD. This way remote worker can have the same working experience as in the office. No additional training, and least IT support needed.
(For detail scenarios and configurations steps on both AP and Controller, please check this forum post:
Below are three scenarios for users to upgrade the AP:
Upgrade AP firmware through USG/ATP
1. Use putty to access your Gateway through SSH connection
2. Type the command “configure terminal capwap firmware-update source 6.00(.6)-DF-2020-05-08”
3. Type the command “write”
4. Go to the GUI of USG and access directory “Configuration > Wireless > AP Management >Firmware”, click “check” and “apply”
5. After firmware finish downloading, you can check if AP is automatically upgraded under directory “Configuration > Wireless > AP Management > Mgmt. AP List”, if AP remains in previous firmware, select an AP and click “Unpgrade FW”.
Upgrade AP firmware through USG/ATP
1. Directly upgrade the Firmware on NXC (Download link is put in the bottom of this article)
2. After firmware upgrade successfully, you can check if AP is automatically upgraded under directory “Configuration > Wireless > AP Management > Mgmt. AP List”, if AP remains in previous firmware, select an AP and click “Upgrade firmware now”.
Directly upgrade AP firmware
1. Set the firmware updating mode of your Controller “Manual” before updating AP’s firmware. (If “auto” is set, the date firmware in AP will be recovered to official version by NXC)
ZON or FTP to access AP and upgrade firmware (Related download link is put in
the bottom of this article.)
Note: Here is a KB for how to upgrade AP firmware through FTP: https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewDetail.action?articleOid=012518&lang=EN
Note: This feature is already included in the AP Firmware ver6.10 and after version, simply upgrade your Wireless Controller and AP models to the latest version to support tunnel mode for NWA5123AC-HD
Check how to configure AP and Controller to allow remote users tunnel back to HQ!
this is very gratifying.Would it be possible to retrofit this feature to the WAC5302D-S model? This would be interesting because of the LAN ports in the homeoffice.Regards,sk
In current stage only WAC5123AC-HD support tunnel mode by date firmware, so far there is no plan for tunnel mode support on WAC5302D-S.
However, a good news is, there will be some "enhanced" 802.11ac APs launched in the near future, I think they will support tunnel mode once they can be managed by Controller.
HuD Posts: 1@Zyxel_Richard can we also use this firmware on the NWA5123AC (without "HD" at the end) to get tunnel mode? We have a NXC2500 controller with NWA3560-N AP's that support tunnel mode and, because we do not get this model anymore, we bought 8-Pack NWA5123AC and AP license to extend our network for home office use (without knowing that this model does not support tunnel mode). Is it possible to activate it with a firmware upgrade? Would be nice if it would be possible, because we do not get new AP's so quickly from our supplier.
Also the firmware download links in this KB are down...
Thanks a lot for your support!
I'm sorry that NWA5123AC doesn't support Tunnel Mode no matter which firmware it's using, since this advanced function consumes additional resources for AP to redirect the traffic path, so not every AP models support this feature.
In the same product segmentation, we make enhancement for its successor model (WAC500) to let it support tunnel mode, so you can refer to this model when you upgrading your network in the future
And thanks for your notification, this enhancement has been already integrated into our official firmware ver6.10 and after released AP firmware of NWA5123AC-HD, also changed the original post
- 8K All Categories
- 1.6K Nebula
- 60 Nebula Ideas
- 53 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 4.5K Security
- 224 Security Ideas
- 973 Switch
- 40 Switch Ideas
- 868 WirelessLAN
- 20 WLAN Ideas
- 5.2K Consumer Product
- 140 Service & License
- 268 News and Release
- 87 Success Stories
- 53 Security Advisories
- 12 Education Center
- 573 FAQ
- 273 Nebula FAQ
- 132 Security FAQ
- 73 Switch FAQ
- 72 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 7 Consumer Product FAQ
- 34 Nebula Monthly Express
- 71 About Community
- 44 Security Highlight