GS1920-24HP

AbysmalCraig
AbysmalCraig Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi there, 

I am currently doing a large scale installation on a site (IP Surveillance) and I am using the GS1920 switches.

We are currently running in fiber between all the cabinets and we are running the switches in a ring topology. I was wondering how you would program this on the switches to prevent a Broadcast storm when we connect them all together via the Fibre. 

I do believe you have to program one port as the transmit and another as the receive or program them as in and out.

Thanks 

Comments

• JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @AbysmalCraig,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Since you are running the switches in a ring topology, to prevent Broadcast Storm, I suggest you to enable the feature "Spanning Tree Protocol" on the connected fiber ports in those switches.

You may find the configuration page in "Advanced Application -> Spanning Tree Protocol" and follow the User Guide to setup the Spanning Tree.
    Hope it helps.
    Jason
  • JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @AbysmalCraig,

I just want to follow up on this topic.
    Is Spanning Tree resolved your concern?
    Keep us posted about the status of your case to get more support for you.

Thanks. 
    Jason