NWA-1123-AC-HD: How to delete/add "SSID Profiles" and "Security Lists"

Homelab
Homelab Posts: 21  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
The web UI for my NWA-1123-AC-HD APs does not allow me to add or delete from the Configuration -> Object -> AP Profile screen. I would like to be able to add/delete "SSID Profiles" and "Security Lists".  I am running "

The docs for "Add/Edit SSID Profile" say "This button is not available after you configure the NWA1000 Series using the wizard".

Yes I ran the wizard when I first got this device, but now I want to delete and add to these lists.  I am hoping that I do not have to wipe my configuration and start over, but I would like to be able to add/delete "SSID Profiles" and "Security Lists"

Thanks!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Hi @Homelab

Our wizard is designed for configuring easier. Once finishing the wizard, the SSID profiles and Security Lists cannot be  deleted or added. If you want to edit the profile, you can do it via wizard again or via the profile directly.

Joslyn
  • Homelab
    I suppose I do not really _need_ to delete the extraneous records.  However, is there some way to rename them? For now, let's just focus on the "SSID Profiles".

1. I navigate to Configuration -> Object -> AP Profile-> SSID -> SSID List
    2. I have 9 profiles in this list.  Five of the records have names that I cannot seem to change:
    • Wiz_SSID_4
    • Wiz_SSID_5
    • Wiz_SSID_6
    • Wiz_SSID_7
    • Wiz_SSID_8
    These names are not useful to me. I would like to rename these SSID Profiles.  The "Profile Name" appears in a non-editable field with a light blue text color as shown below.

How can I edit the SSID Profile name? Thanks!

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Homelab

The wizard will recognize the profile via the name, so the name cannot be edited.

Joslyn
  • Homelab
    OK, so it sounds like I will not be able to do what I want because I used the Wizard.  That is unfortunate.

If I perform a factory reset I assume I can start over and configure my AP without using the Wizard?  If I do this then I assume I will have the full capability to add/delete/rename these records in the UI?

• In my opinion, wizard helps a lot when a beginner user starts using zyxel AP.
    I have similar experience with you during transferring from wizard default format to self-setting. All features are the same, so I reset AP and just skip the wizard then it could have full capability to re-config all entries. You could do it without worrying.

• Homelab
    Thanks, I'll give it a try
  • Homelab
    As advised, I performed a factory reset on my APs and manually reconfigured them without using the wizard.  Luckily my deployment is small so this was not too terrible, though I do still find it disappointing that the wizard creates non-editable entries. In the end I achieved my goal.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @Homelab

According our goal for Wizard, it is designed for the new users with ZYXEL products. If users want to modify any configuration in the future, they do not need to find profiles in different pages and just modify the setting via Wizard again. This will be more convenient. However, your suggestion is also a good idea for us. We will consider if it will be better to let the users modify the profiles which are generated from Wizard.

Joslyn