Workaround for max. 4 virtual WAN interfaces on USG 110

mrwee
mrwee Posts: 40  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Security
Just tried to add additional WAN IP addresses to my WAN1, but found that it can only have one base IP + 4 virtual interfaces. I need at least one more, is there a possible workaround / other way of accomplishing more than 4(5) WAN IP addresses on the same interface?

Best Answers

• mrwee
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    You were quite right. I could disable the virtual interface and it works fine. Can't explain why I ever did that, probably lack of knowledge :).
    Again, thanks for your help

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,656  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Don't have my own subnet to play around with but surely you can do a network without virtual interfaces?

Without virtual interfaces IP traffic of your subnet is sent to WAN1? You can SNAT without virtual interfaces of a IP.

• mrwee
    The problem is on the WAN side. I have 5 IP addresses on the same fiber, and I use both NAT + outbound routing for different services. From what I've seen, additional WAN IP addresses needs to be added as virtual WAN ports "under" WAN1.

• mrwee
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    You were quite right. I could disable the virtual interface and it works fine. Can't explain why I ever did that, probably lack of knowledge :).
    Again, thanks for your help

Security Highlight