USG20W-VPN Wi-Fi Radio Offline FW 4.60

Options
SierraTech
SierraTech Posts: 30  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Security
Not sure when this happened, because I tested WiFi radio after upgrading to 4.60.  It seems to have taken itself OFFLINE, even though the there were no changes to AP SSID and profiles.

I Can't trust the 2G Radio since upgrading from 4.38 to 4.60. I'm sure if I reboot it will come alive again.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @SierraTech

Can you help to collect the diagnostic and send it to me via private message before you reboot the USG20W-VPN? We will analyze why the WiFi service is gone after ugprading to 4.60.
    Also, can you let me know if the issue occurs radamly? After rebooting, the WiFi service is back; however, after a period, you cannot see the SSID anymore. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Joslyn
  • SierraTech
    Options

I had a similar problem in 4.35.  I don't think it happened 4.38.  Once WiFi Radio is offline it doesn't come back without reboot.

I use inSSIDer to monitor WiFi (CH6) and it just isn't there (no SSID or signal). I emailed log to myself, will copy & PM. I haven't rebooted yet (I want to rely on this WiFi for security cameras, but it hasn't ever been that reliable).

I use WAPs for other zones in the house, and an old WAP3205 v2 in Garage for setting up iPhone navigation.  The USG20W-VPN is set to 2.4GHz CH 6 (Not DCS).
  • SierraTech
    Options

I looked at logs and nothing about WiFi.

In Monitor Section no SSID is displayed see image.
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @SierraTech

Thanks for the logs. However, all the logs were related with firewall. I cannot see anything from it. Can you help to collect the diagnostic again?
    Go to MAINTENANCE > Diagnostics > Diacnostics > Collect, and click the "Collect Now".
    After finishing, please go to "Files" to download it and send it to me via private message.

You do not have to remove the local IP address because we have no authorization to access and will not do it as well. Moreover, you have an USG to protect your local area. Please do not worry about the security issue.

Joslyn
  • SierraTech
    Options
    Joslyn,

How long does it take to collect?  I see the message below, been posted for over 5 minutes...

Please wait, collecting...

Just wondering if this takes a while (does it wait until Log fills?).

-Bob

• SierraTech
    Options
    Never mind, it finally finished, took about 8 or more minutes. Will post in PM.

-Bob
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi there,

Please provide the complete file which was collected from USG. The second file that you sent via PM is incorrect.

Joslyn
  • SierraTech
    Options
    I will zip it up again. I could not load a "TAR" file generated from USG.
  • SierraTech
    Options
    @Zyxel_Joslyn

I upload the debug logs after zipping them up. Note, I have not rebooted Router yet, and Radio is still OFFLINE (Set for CH6 on 2.4GHz).

-Bob
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Options
    Hi @SierraTech

I received the diagnostic from you, and it is under analyzing now. Once there is any found, I will update to you here.

Joslyn

Security Highlight