Site to Site VPN to Meraki endpoint

Options
cre8toruk
cre8toruk Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi All, very new to all of this but I'm trying to get a site to site vpn setup between our Zywall 310 and a Meraki box, I've got the pre-shared keys the same and I think the config setup right but it's not coming up. Has anyone done this or can point me in the direction of some instructions on what to do ?

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hello cre8toruk,
    G'day
    There is the guideline can help you double confirm the configuration on USG series.
    FAQ link:
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/551/an-example-of-site-to-site-vpn#latest 
    Secondly,
    if the issue still appear, please share the "IKE" log message to us for checking. 
    Go to Monitor>Log>View Log>Select IKE on the category

Charlie
  • CoreSG
    CoreSG Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have this working, but it's specifically necessary to configure the Ubquiti (eg: EdgeRouter Lite) via the command-line.
    From my notes on this. Assumes you already have access via ssh, although it's possible to use the "command" box via a browser, I recommend against using that. 
    Please double-check and verify, and the settings used need to match the configuration for your Zyxel USG.

Here is their guide which you should read in full:

IMPORTANT: Verify the port (name) of your Ubiquiti's WAN port and alter where I have "eth1" if needed. Also, this example has the Ubiquiti LAN as 192.168.10.0 and the Zyxel LAN as 10.0.0./24 - obviously adjust each accordingly.

set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO compression disable
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO lifetime 28800
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO mode tunnel
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO pfs enable
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO proposal 1
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO pfs dh-group2
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO proposal 1 encryption aes256
    set vpn ipsec esp-group FOO proposal 1 hash sha1
    set vpn ipsec ike-group FOO
    set vpn ipsec ike-group FOO lifetime 28800
    set vpn ipsec ike-group FOO proposal 1
    set vpn ipsec ike-group FOO proposal 1 dh-group 2
    set vpn ipsec ike-group FOO proposal 1 encryption aes256
    set vpn ipsec ike-group FOO proposal 1 hash sha1
    set vpn ipsec ipsec-interfaces interface eth1
    set vpn ipsec logging log-modes all
    set vpn ipsec logging log-modes control
    set vpn ipsec nat-traversal enable
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel  
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel local-ip XX.WANIP.OFYOUR.UBIQUITI
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel authentication mode pre-shared-secret
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel authentication pre-shared-secret longSecretPasswordHere
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel connection-type initiate
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel default-esp-group FOO
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel ike-group FOO
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel tunnel 1
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel tunnel 1 allow-nat-networks enable
    set vpn ipsec nat-traversal enable
    set vpn ipsec nat-networks allowed-network 0.0.0.0/0
    set vpn ipsec nat-networks allowed-network 10.0.0.0/24
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel tunnel 1 allow-nat-networks disable
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel tunnel 1 allow-public-networks disable
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel tunnel 1 esp-group FOO
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel tunnel 1 local subnet 192.168.10.0/24
    (THIS IS THE LAN OF THE Ubuiti ER)
    set vpn ipsec site-to-site peer xx.staticWAN-IP.ofYour.Xyxel tunnel 1 remote subnet 10.0.0.0/24
     (THIS IS THE LAN OF THE Zyxel)
    commit
    save
    exit
  • CoreSG
    CoreSG Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Note: Copy and paste into something else, this forum software is line-wrapping where there shouldn't be newlines.

Security Highlight