Restart LTE4506-M606 after a power outage

Options
foo42
foo42 Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited January 2019 in Smart Home Product
I live in a place where there are frequent power outages. Every time I loose power, I have to manually start the LTE4506-M606 by pressing the power button. Appears to be no option to change it so the restart is performed automatically when power resumes. Surely I am mistaken? Seems like a pretty huge product omission if this turns out to be a missing feature.

#LTE_January

All Replies

• YeK
    YeK Posts: 150  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Options
    Hi foo42,

I think it's HW design because I asked this question before. They said they will change this in future.

• DanciN
    DanciN Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    Options
    Just bought this router, and this feature is a must for me. By saying HW design, you mean it cant be changed with firmware update? Sad didnt checked for such a simple feature before buying.
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Options

Hi DanciN,

You mentioned you just bought LTE 4506, can you please help to provide serial number of device back label for checking? We already change this design for new production so I can check by your serial number if it’s new HW version or not.

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Options

Hi DanciN,

You mentioned you just bought LTE 4506, can you please help to provide serial number which is on your back label of device? We already change this design for new production so I can check by your serial number if it's new HW version or not. 

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Options

Hi DanciN,

You mentioned you just bought LTE 4506, can you please help to provide serial number which is on your back label of device? We already change this design for new production so I can check by your serial number if it's new HW version or not. 

• JonRy
    JonRy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Zyxel_Support_CPE, I just bought LTE 4506 (SN: S162Z44001320). I also have to press the power button to make it start after a power interruption. This is useless to me, since I'm about to use this to connect to a remote location. Can you check if this is the new HW version / if there is a workaround for me to make this "always on"?
  • JonRy
    JonRy Posts: 2
    Options
    HAHA - Seems I found a workaround! - If you keep the power button always pressed (e.g. by using a strip or something to always keep it in), it will power on after a power-interruption, and for me it doesn't seem to interrupt anything else, so this seems to work fine! :-)
    CHEERS!
  • michal
    michal Posts: 1
    Options
    Zyxel_Support_CPE: I've bought LTE4506-M606, sn S172Z12000393 in November 2018 and have the same problem - did I buy some obsolete hw device?
     JonRy: thanks for your tip, I'll try it! :-)
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Options

Hi michal,

Your device is older HW design. You can try JonRy’s way, maybe it’s helpful for you.

Consumer Product Help Center