need answers...... wlan/wps

maxi12
maxi12 Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Smart Home Product
my zyxel which i bought 2 months ago VMG1312-B10D router is up to mischif.when the WLan/wps GREEN LIGHT FLASHES then my router and internet connection works fine,but as soon as the WLAN/WPS LIGHT GOES SOILD GREEN the router seems to stop working and im not able to login to admin page.all pcs are hard wired to router.

#CPE_March

All Replies

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member

Hi maxi12,

I have no same situation as yours. FW version on my VMG1312-B10D is V5.13(AAXA.7)C0, and you?

You mentioned : 

1.       WLAN/WPS LIGHT GOES SOILD GREEN”: it seems WIFI is enabled, but has no wireless traffics. In this situation, did you check your wifi setting on your PC? Does it connect to correct SSID? You can find correct SSID on VMG1312 label if you didn’t change it. And you can go to “Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections” to check which SSID you used now.

2.       im not able to login to admin page.all pcs are hard wired to router”: What browser and version you used? How many network cards on your PCs? Do you enable all of them? Or some are enabled, some are disabled? You also can check this in “Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections”.

In order to clarify, please keep wired network card is enabled only and then to check again. If still happens, please go to “Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections > local area concoction > (right click) properties > internet protocol v4 > double click” to check IP of lan PC is assigned from VMG1312 or not (select this option as red mark).

• Speed59
    Speed59 Posts: 5  Freshman Member

Hi all,

I'm finding that mine has the same issue as described.  Once the WLAN/WPS led goes Solid I lose ONLY Wifi connection, unable to log into the router via ANY web browser and therefore has to physically turn off/on the router.  I still have yet to update the FW to 5.13 but unsure if that will fix.

How did either of you resolve this?

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member

Hi Speed59,

How often do you face this problem ? Is it happened ordinary ? I suggest you upgrade firmware to 5.13(AAXA.7)C0 first.

• Speed59
    Speed59 Posts: 5  Freshman Member

Hi,

It occurs frequently enough to be a bother.  I've tried upgrading the FW 5.13(AAXA.7)C0 fails, errors with "Illegal image" then the router reboots.  I'm wondering if it's because my current FW is 5.11(AAZA.3)C0 and not in line with AAXA versions.

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary

Hi Speed59,

As I mentioned in another post, V5.11(AAZX.3)C0 is a customized version for your service provider so it’s impossible to upgrade to AAXA version on your device. Please ask your ISP to get newer version and then let us know the status after upgrading.

Consumer Product Help Center