VMG8823 - is it possible to restart the web GUI without rebooting?

NeAl
NeAl Posts: 77  Ally Member
First Anniversary
edited June 2018 in Smart Home Product
Hi all,

I have a VMG8823-B50B (firmware version: 5.13(ABIU.0)b5) and *sometimes* the web GUI won't load anymore.
The modem works just fine -- internet, remote access, shared folders, LAN, wireless, telnet/ssh... but not the web GUI.
I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, even text-only Links!), different OS (Windows 10, android, Linux); no luck :(

Rebooting the device solves the problem, but it's a bit of an inconvenience :/

Is there a way to restart/reset the web GUI via telnet/ssh?

#CPE_June

Comments

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member

Hi NeAl,

There are not such command for the telnet and ssh connection. May I know how often do you face this problem ? Is almost for a week or more ? Have you tried to clear browser’s cache to resolve this ? Or maybe use the incognito window to access the GUI page ?

• NeAl
    First Anniversary
    Hi AAAAL,
    thank you for your reply.

Yes, I tried the usual stuff: clear cache, incognito mode, reboot pc, diffrent browsers... no way.
    The first time I noticed the issue the modem had almost 1 month of uptime; this time it's barely into 2 days of uptime :(

I have to say that the modem usually works fine (web GUI too), and rarely I have experienced the problem (I've used this device since last december).
    Still, it is a (minor) inconvenience :/
  • AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member

Hi NeAl,

Actually I can solve this problem every time by clearing the cookies. How about trying to reset factory setting to solve this ?

• NeAl
    First Anniversary
    edited December 2019
    This is still happening, albeit much less frequently.
    Firmware version V5.13(ABEJ.5)C0; 90+ days uptime.
    Modem works fine (internet, local/remote access via ssh, SNMP), *except* for the web GUI, which won't load anymore. Rebooting the modem temporarily solves the issue, but it's not an acceptable solution.

Consumer Product Help Center