USG60 admin password expiration date

pjaroch
pjaroch Posts: 8  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello world,
I'm wondering if that is possible to set the scheduled password expiration time of administrator account on Zyxel's USG60 control panel through the webpage?
Or could anyone share the console script that I could use?
I need to set the reminder every 30 days and force it to change the password 'at next logon'.
I went through all of the options and i can't see anything related.

I guess it's possible if you put the code manually by the console.

BR,
Pawel

Comments

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello Pawel,
    For this feature,
    the firmware: 4.30 will support that user can set the scheduled password expiration time of administrator account.
    Charlie
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Hello Pawel,
    The request "user can set the scheduled password expiration time of administrator account", I would like to move your request to the ideas section.
    Charlie
  • pjaroch
    pjaroch Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hello Charlie,

I'm curious - you pointed that it will be available in v4.30 but you would like to move my post to ideas section, so my "idea" equals with the new feature in upcoming update or will it just be the point to disguss for the future updates?

I've got one more question - on the logon screen i can see "One-time password" section.
    Does it allow to create one-time password for administrator's account? Can i recieve the one-time password on email box every time when i want to logon?

Pawel
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Hello pjaroch,
    The feature in upcoming update or just be the point to discuss for the future updates, we all will put on idea session for member's reference.

The One-time password was supported by zywall OTPv2 (OTPv2 is a HW token to generate one-time password which was phased out already) . We plan to have 2 factor authentication via email in FW4.35

Charlie

Security Highlight