AMG1302-T11C firmware upgrade problem

PolarizedIons
PolarizedIons Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Smart Home Product
Hi, I have a AMG1302-T11C router/modem that I am trying to upgrade the firmware of. I'm currently running V3.00(ABCG.11)H0.

When going through zyxel.com -> support -> download library... I get to https://www.zyxel.com/osearch/dl-search.aspx?mci_country=za&mci_lang=en&keyword=amg1302&submit=Search, which lists the latest firmware as v3.00(ABCG.11)H0 (16-10-2017)  (sidenote: googling that firmware version only has 2 results, so I'm sure it's special)

However, just going through google, I get to https://www.zyxel.com/support/DownloadLandingSR.shtml?c=gb&l=en&kbid=M-02433&md=AMG1302-T11C , which lists the latest firmware as v3.00(ABCG.13)C0 (May 29, 2018).

At some point I know I downloaded a firmware update, and I'm pretty sure it is the first one.

Now my problem: I can't seem to update past that version. Trying to update to the newer v3.00(ABCG.13)C0, or even v3.00(ABCG.11)C0 just causes the router to reboot, not updated.

Is there any way to update the router to a newer version? Or am I stuck with this outdated version?

Thank you

#CPE_Nov_2018

All Replies

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary

Hi PolarizedIons,

V3.00(ABCG.11)H0 is customized configuration, you cannot use v3.00(ABCG.11)C0/ v3.00(ABCG.13)C0 on your device. If you need newer fw (H0), please contact with your ISP to have it.

• PolarizedIons
    Hi
    I did not buy this router/modem from my ISP.
    I did not download that custom firmware from my ISP.
    My ISP does not have any firmware to download anywhere.

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi PolarizedIons,

May I know where you get your device? And please provide serial number for checking. (Serial number is on label of your device)

• PolarizedIons
    A local shopping website, Takalot.com (similar to Amazon I guess)

SN: S162E52036230

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary

Hi PolarizedIons,

Your device is installed on customized fw so it’s impossible to change to C0 version. May I know if any issues you encounter?

• can we change the modem ISP?
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi amiradnan 

This topic depends on how you received the internet service. The device config needs to match your service provider. 
  • Armalite8
    Armalite8 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    edited September 2019
    I have the same problem. I own this router, which was previously on V3.00(ABCG.11)T0 because it was used for an ISP connection. I now want to change that to the V3.00(ABCG.11)C0 firmware but the router will not accept it. As you said, "The device config needs to match your service provider." That is what I want to set up, how do I install the manufacturer firmware so I can enable this please?
  • Zyxel_Support_CPE
    First Anniversary
    Hi Armalite8,

Your device is installed on customized fw so it’s impossible to change to C0 version.

• Your device just hacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check here

Consumer Product Help Center