AMG1302-T10B Portforwarding

Nova1
Nova1 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited June 2019 in Smart Home Product
Hello, I have installed a cctv DVR, and I need to forward port 8240 to it to allow remote viewing of cameras on my phone, The DVR is on the same network as the Zyxel AMG1302-T10B and can be viewed on a web browser  using its ipv4 address, the problem i am having is  when I add a new rule under Service Define and I give my new rule the name cctv, then I enter in the External Start and External End ports number 8240 , then I enter the DVR ipv4 address into server address , and select protocol All, and enter 8240 into Open start and End ports   The router replies back with   192.168.1.1 says  Port range error! (1-65535)   My port is with in this range so whats going on?

#SP_Jun_2019

Accepted Solution

• Nova1
    Answer ✓
    Hi Again all is well now up and running 100%. The fault was indeed the Firmware needed updated. Thanks for your help.

All Replies

• Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi Nova

AMG1302-T10B is a really old model! I have tried on my side but no issue so far. Could you please let me know the FW version?  and add a picture of how you set up the rule?
  • Nova1
    Thanks for your reply, The firmware version I dont know but Im guessing it hasnt been updated since the ISP supplied the router, I have attached picture of the fault. I would of thought that portforwarding would be allowed regardless of the firmware version as it would be a basic function of any router?
  • Nova1
    Answer ✓
    Hi Again all is well now up and running 100%. The fault was indeed the Firmware needed updated. Thanks for your help.
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi Nova
    I noticed !!! you have not config "Open Start/End port" !!
    This GUI configuration will do direction from outside traffic port (external start/end port) forward to inside (Open Start/end) Port. Some customer may use a different port number, thus we separate external and internal port as a different column. 
    I could have an same issue result if I did not config "open start/end port". Please help to do another try. hope you can success this time  B)  

Consumer Product Help Center