New setup of Zyxel WRE6505

Villbring
Villbring Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited December 2019 in Smart Home Product
I have changed my home network and have reset my ZyxelWRE6505 to factory settings. I want to configure it in a new place. I have tried to follow the set up guide. I am supposed to turn on the WRE6505 and connect my computer to the wireless network form the ZyxelWRE6505 and then go to zyxelsetup login site. 1. The network from ZyxelWRE6505 has no internet connection. 2. So I try to connect via my network with a connection The site zyxelsetup login site seems to be non existing. What am I doing wrong?

#Repeater_Dec_2019

All Replies

• Hill
    Hill Posts: 156  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am supposed to turn on the WRE6505 and connect my computer to the wireless network form the WRE6505 and then go to zyxelsetup login site. 1. The network from WRE6505 has no internet connection. 
    Because WRE6505 hasn't established the connection with your router to cause no Internet connection.

2. So I try to connect via my network with a connection The site zyxelsetup login site seems to be non existing. What am I doing wrong?
    What do you mean? You also can find WRE6505's IP address on the DHCP table of your router, if WRE6505 is already connected to your router.

You can download user guide and quick start guide to check from below link.
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/WRE6505/user_guide/
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/WRE6505/quick_start_guide/
  • Villbring
    Villbring Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    edited December 2019
    I am supposed to turn on the WRE6505 and connect my computer to the wireless network form the WRE6505 and then go to zyxelsetup login site. 1. The network from WRE6505 has no internet connection. 
    Because WRE6505 hasn't established the connection with your router to cause no Internet connection.
    • Yes, exactly that is the problem; How do I get the WRE6505 connected with my router before it is set up? And is it necessary? My router is connected

2. So I try to connect via my network with a connection The site zyxelsetup login site seems to be non existing. What am I doing wrong?
    What do you mean? You also can find WRE6505's IP address on the DHCP table of your router, if WRE6505 is already connected to your router.
    • No, the WRE6505 is not connected to anything

You can download user guide and quick start guide to check from below link.
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/WRE6505/user_guide/
    ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/WRE6505/quick_start_guide/
    • Yes I have tried these guides, but everything stops because the WRE6505 is not connected to the internet and because I cant find any zyxelsetup login site
  • Hill
    edited December 2019
    What kind of mode that you want to set up on WRE6505? AP or Repeater?

AP 

Repeater

• Hill
    Reset
    1. Hold WPS HW button till Power LED as Green Blinking and wait for 2-3 seconds, then release it.
    2. After released WPS HW button, LED: Power and WPS as Green Blinking to OFF, then LED: WiFi as Red and OFF.
    3. After booted up, the setting back to default.
  • Hill
    edited December 2019
    If WRE6505 is AP mode. (Internet---Router---WRE6505---Laptop, --- : Ethernet Connection)
    You should able to find its IP address on the DHCP table of your router or use IP scan tool to find.

Then use its IP address to login WRE6505's web interface to configure it.

• Hill
    If WRE6505 is Repeater mode. (WRE6505---Laptop, --- : Ethernet Connection)
    Please check IP address of your laptop, it should be 192.168.1.X.

Then use http://192.168.1.2 or http://zyxelsetup to login WRE6505's web interface to configure it

Consumer Product Help Center