Zyxel 8825 Firewall

Options
Setho
Setho Posts: 1
edited February 2020 in Smart Home Product
I own a Zyxel 8825.
With the default settings, firewall medium and UPnP off, some games can't connect.
There are these options for the firewall:
- IPv4 firewall enable/disable;
- IPv6 firewall enable/disable;
- Low, medium, high.
In the instructions of the manual it is written that low disables the firewall but in the first 2 options it remains enabled, so I would like to know if there is any difference between low and disabled.

Also what settings do you recommend?
At the moment I have disabled the firewall from all 3 options and activated UPnP and UPnP NAT-T.

#SP_Feb_2020

All Replies

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    @Setho,
    If you know which port is used for the game you play, you can do the following settings which depends on the protocol you are using.
    1. You can create Port Forwarding rule to allow the specific port for your LAN side PC if you have a global IPv4 IP address.
    2. You can allow the port in the firewall setting if your LAN side PC has a IPv6 IP address.
  • CheapTortoise
    Options
    If you know which port is used for the game you play, you can do the following settings which depends on the protocol you are using.
    1. You can create Port Forwarding rule to allow the specific port for your LAN side PC if you have a global IPv4 IP address.
    2. You can allow the port in the firewall setting if your LAN side PC has a IPv6 IP address.
    Thank you for such a wonderful article and sharing.
    God bless you.!

Consumer Product Help Center