Can't log in to XMG3927-B50A Router

Options
Fleagle
Fleagle Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited April 2020 in Smart Home Product
Had a new router installed yesterday and went to log in to change the password etc.

I get to the log in page and enter the details as per the instruction card ie admin and password. 

Unfortunately it always comes back with "Setting not successful. Please try again" it sometimes shows a further message "unauthorised 401".

The login details have been entered correctly as per the instructions, I have also tried

1. Switching on and off
  2. Full factory reset
  3. Login in from different devices ie mac, window,s PC's  iPad, iPhone etc
  4. Disabled any pop up blockers antivirus etc
  5. Hardwired to router
Not sure of the firmware version as I can't log in.

Nothing seems to work so any ideas?

Fleagle

#SP_Apr_2020

All Replies

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    @Fleagle,
    Do you mean you reset the router and then use the admin/password shown on the label of the router but you failed to log in?
    If you used to change the router's password, you should use the new password to log in. If you reset the router, then you should use the default password.
  • Fleagle
    Options
    Yes I reset the router went to enter the original default admin login and password, the password is a 8 letter/digit code and it won't let me. As it's a new router the login details have never been changed from the original details.

I've tried different laptops, phones, iPads to log in reset everything switched of antivirus, deleted history, cache etc rebooted laptops etc but nothing.
  • Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Fleagle,
    If you still can't log in with the default password even after a factory reset, I think the best way is to contact the local support for further help because it should work and there might be something wrong with your router.
  • Fleagle
    Options
    That was my next course of action unless someone had pointed out some glaring error on my part!

Consumer Product Help Center