XMG3927-B50A - Disabled Checkbox for "Keep 2.4G and 5G the same" in WiFi settings

Options
Haron
Haron Posts: 2  Freshman Member
Hello

I have recently acquired a XMG3927-B50A router and configured it via the wizard. During the wizard, I was asked if I wanted to combine the 2.4GHZ and the 5GHZ wireless networks, which I confirmed. Now I want to split them up again, but on the wireless settings page the checkbox to unpair the two networks is greyed out. I can't seem to change this configuration in any way. Does anyone know why this option is greyed out, and what can be done? I would be very grateful, thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Haron,
    Can you take a screenshot to show which page you try to config and see the option is grayed out?
    Please also check if you can see MESH tab in Menu > Network Setting > Wireless. Try to disable the mesh function might be the solution.

All Replies

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Haron,
    Can you take a screenshot to show which page you try to config and see the option is grayed out?
    Please also check if you can see MESH tab in Menu > Network Setting > Wireless. Try to disable the mesh function might be the solution.
  • Haron
    Haron Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    @Hummel
    Disabling MESH fixed the issue, I can now split the 2.4G and 5G again, thank you very much!

Consumer Product Help Center