Zyxel GS1200-8HP v2 firmware upgrade failed

Options
Kant
Kant Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

Hi, there,
 I bought this switch, then I wanted to update the firmware, a few hours later, I am still at the same point: update failed, and I can no longer access the web console.
please let me know if there is a workaround, before sending it back to amazon

thank you,

Accepted Solution

• Kant
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Re,

after following your procedure, which did not work, I read the reply from Mr Wong, placing the .bin file under the C: root but did not work.
    I then renamed the .bin file, and entered the path as: C: \ renamed .bin
    and ... boom, the update has been applied.
    this implies that your procedure is not suitable, or at least your firmware is damaged.
    it would be necessary to repair this malfunction, because I imagine that the next customers who will want to update may encounter this problem.
    thank you.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 341  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @Kant ,

Welcome to Zyxel Community,

In order to solve your issue, I would like to ask questions as below:
    1. Where did you download the file? From Zyxel download library?
    2. Which firmware version you would like to upgrade?
    3. If it is version 2, please check if the file name is "V2.00(ABMF.0)C0.bin". Kindly remind you that the downloaded file needs to be unzip for upgrading.
    4. If you have used the currect file to upgrade the switch but still failed, please try the hotfix version which we fixed an issue related to management VLAN. The link is following:https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/9591/fixed-gs1200-8-8hpv2-management-ip-address-issue
    Hope it helps

Adam
  • Kant
    Options
    Hi, Adam,
    thank for your reply,
    responses for yours questions:
    1-yes
    2-"V2.00(ABMF.0)C0.bin
    3-done
    4- 
    upgrade the switch but still failed after apply fix.same error message.
  • Kant
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Re,

after following your procedure, which did not work, I read the reply from Mr Wong, placing the .bin file under the C: root but did not work.
    I then renamed the .bin file, and entered the path as: C: \ renamed .bin
    and ... boom, the update has been applied.
    this implies that your procedure is not suitable, or at least your firmware is damaged.
    it would be necessary to repair this malfunction, because I imagine that the next customers who will want to update may encounter this problem.
    thank you.
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Options
    Hi @Kant ,

Thanks for your reply.

It's great to hear that you've fixed the issue. 

Kindly answer your question that since we couldn't reproduce the issue and other users are able to use the firmware, which download from Zyxel download library, to upgrade their switches with .bin file without the issue you encountered.

If you could reproduce the issue again, may you re-download the file and check if the file is corrupt (check MD5 hash value)? And provide the screenshots or video to us.

All your efforts will be appreciated. 
    Adam
  • elik745i
    Options
    Hi I tried to upgrade firmware and something went wrong, now when I open switch's page I get this:

can you please help to upgrade it different way as I can't get into upgrade page any more.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,304  Guru Member
    Options
    Try again to access using "in private" function of your browser
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Options
    Hi @elik745i,

As @mMontana mentions that please use "InPrivate" or "Incognito mode" of your browser to access switch again. This is a browser cache issue that we are going to improve.
    Adam