VPN SSL - Slow unstable connection

13»

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Zywak

There is no need to enable “Force all client traffic to enter SSL VPN tunnel” in your scenario.

It is stable now after we disable “Force all client traffic to enter SSL VPN tunnel”. 😄

• Zywak
    Zywak Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Comment

@Zyxel_Cooldia

Thanks for all you help.. disabling that ( “Force all client traffic to enter SSL VPN tunnel” ) resolved our issues...

Thanks,

Richard

• Zywak

@Zyxel_Cooldia , thanks for helping getting things setup correctly...

Things are more stable now and VPN rarely disconnect... however, I am experiencing the same as @Martin_Kuchar

The VPN will not disconnect, but when I do a ping x.x.x.x -t, one in while you'll get

Request timeout

But the VPN will still be connected...

If you get,

Request timeout

Request timeout (5 X) in a row, and you're connected to a RDP session, the RDP will reset and prompt you to login again..

Again, the VPN stays connected for hours but these little blips can occurs at times..

Thanks,

Richard

• Zywak
    @Zyxel_Cooldia

Finally fixed my issues by resetting the device.. 

The issue wasn't VPN related.... I installed OpenVPN and forwarded the port through Zywall... but the connection was still dropping, even with OpenVPN..

So, hard reset the device, restored the config, and all the issues are gone.. No drops and the data speed also improved..

For those who are experiencing the same, reset and restore the config..

Thanks,
    Richard

Security Highlight