2 factor authentication with google authenticator

Comments

• Yes please. We tried the email method, but this allows too much openness on the firewall. An authenticator app would be much better. We have a couple of months before we are forced into using this to keep a client happy. If it's not available for our USG60 we will have to go another route. Thanks

• Dear all,

are there any news according to 2FA with solutions like Microsoft Authentificator, Google Authentificator or Yubikey?

There are a lot of security concerns when having the only option as 2FA per mail. I am managing and integrating a lot of firewalls, where such a solution is not acceptable - no outgoing communications are allowed to mail server or there are situation, where the firewall is completely offline.

The worst case scenario is, when 2FA via email is activated and realized via online communication and the internet connection/WAN is down. There is no way to receive the code in such case.

Most of other brands are supporting other types of 2FA, especially solutions like Google/MS Authentificators - working offline with hashes...

Would it be possible to integrate these securtiy features?

Thank you very much for your support and reply.

Regards

Boris

• Mario
    Mario Posts: 104  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector Zyxel Certified Network Engineer Level 1 - Security
    I also really need this feature.
    Mario

• RalfQ
    RalfQ Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Just to add another vote. Yes please, add this feature.
    Ralf
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited August 2020
    The feature "2FA by Google authentication for administrator access" is confirmed to be implemented in the next firmware 4.60 and later versions.
    The firmware 4.60 will be released in early November 2020.
  • @Zyxel_Emily That's great news! Hopefully Googleauth-2FA for regular VPN users will follow soon...

• chandan
    chandan Posts: 72  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    The feature "2FA by Google authentication for administrator access" is confirmed to be implemented in the next firmware 4.60 and later versions.
    The firmware 4.60 will be released in early November 2020.
    Firmware v4.60??

For which device, it will be released?
    Will not it be released for USG devices?
  • MikeForshock
    MikeForshock Posts: 34  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Yubikey or hardware based (U2F) would be a great addition
  • Last night I installed firmware 4.60 (AAPH.1) and restarted the USG110. I still see the email and SMS after that, not the Google 2FA option that I should have seen since 4.60 (AAPH.0) according to the release note?
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @William_70
    Google authentication for administrator access has improved in 4.60 firmware.
    You can find that in Configuration > Object > User/Group.
    After saved admin type setting, and click "Two-Factor-Authentication" tab, you will find Google Authenticator setup page.