VPN, RDP and network printing problem

gorathff
gorathff Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Hello,

i have a certain problem i cant seems to wrap my head around. With this network setup(please see my awesome drawing attached), rdp clients needs to sent print jobs to remote Kyocera printer. Everything works fine(well fine-ish) when vpn client also connects with remmina to rdp server, printer being mapped to TS port. But since remmina wont share printer for some reason, the only way for other rdp clients to print is manually map TS port to pre-installed printer.Unfortunately TS port assigned by random, so when connection resets (user logs out of rdp) and reconnects, TS port changes and printer no longer available.

Im looking at different options to solve the problem here:

1. Configure Debian, so remmina shares printer on rdp server properly (i only have basic knowledge of linux)
  2. Use some kind of 3rd party software on rdp server to map ts port to client.
  3. Most preferable way, configure USG60 properly so my RDP server can get access to printer, which also would eliminate dependancy on vpn client.

I would welcome any ideas, since i'm pretty much stuck at this point.

Comments

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,225  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @gorathff

Welcome to Zyxel community

To dig into the issue, I have some question would like to confirm with you,

Do you mean the RDP client at the right side can access the printer(Kyocera) on the left,

but when the left side RDP(Debian) client try to access the right side RDP windows server, it failed.

Is this correct?

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

• gorathff
    gorathff Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment

no, debian client can see its own printer but other rdp clients (from the right) cannot

seems like remmina wont share properly on server

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,225  Zyxel Employee
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 50 Answers Zyxel Certified Sales Associate

Hi @gorathff

If it is blocked by USG60, it will display it on the log.

Try to check the log on the USG60 device when client do RDP to the server.

Go to Monitor > Log > View Log to see if there is related log of RDP

Don't miss this great chance to upgrade your Nebula org. for free! https://bit.ly/4g2pS9L

Security Highlight