USG20WVPN Firewall Randomly Reboots - Sometimes 3 times in a row.

Tranhan
Tranhan Posts: 3
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

One of our managed USG20WVPN firewalls keeps rebooting itself - typically in the morning. For instance, this morning it rebooted 4 times in a row. The firewall has the latest firmware installed (V4.35) and the issue occurred before installation of the latest version. It's not a power issue as other devices connected to the same battery backup have been up and running for days.

Is this a known issue? The firewall was purchased about 3 months ago. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,028  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Tranhan

Welcome to Zyxel community

When is the reboot getting started, is it occurred since day 1 after you purchased it, or this symptom just happens after any kind of configuration changing?

After upgrade to the latest firmware, does the device go reboot?

Can you private message us the console dump and help us to understand more detail?

• Tranhan

The firewall keeps rebooting. Console dumps are not an option. I do, however, have a USB flash drive attached to capture logs. The disappointing thing is that there are no logs at time of reboot.

Please let me know if there's a log setting that can be used to capture what's going on. In log settings (in expert mode) the USB storage is active and all selections are set to normal. Is there a SPECIFIC selection we can set to capture only what happens when this device randomly reboots? I'm at the point where I am going to buy another firewall and restore the configuration.

Thanks

• Tranhan

ok, it appears that it's most likely a hardware issue. Just watched the firewall power-off for a moment and then come back on. There's a loud high pitch noise, too.

Can you please assist with an RMA, Jerry?

Thx

• Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 281  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2020

Hi @Tranhan

Can I know which country are you from? We can help to have our local colleague for the RMA requirement.

Moreover, can you also share where did you purchase your device from and the device serial number?? You can share this information with us in private message.

Tks

Security Highlight