USG60. Very slow web Interface

Pavel
Pavel Posts: 109  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

SSH work fine. No internet, no clients,1 admin connected (Firefox) . All other intranet services work fine. 1GB connection

Firmware V4.35(AAKY.2)ITS-WK01-r91300

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Pavel

We haven’t heard about this before and the symptom sounds strange. Can you private message your configuration to us for checking further?

• Pavel
    Pavel Posts: 109  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

I reset device to factory default, restore configuration and no problem detected.

• warwickt
    warwickt Posts: 111  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi Pavel yep that's the way. works great.

I just saw this whilst looking for other stuff.

I had updated https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/4005/dns-resolution#latest wit the same thing issue

Zyxel_Jerry this seems to be reproducible ... worth a look by your lads in TaiPei Zyxel.

FYI: we've had this issue with usg40's usg20vpn's and USG60s since Firmware V4.32 came out. The instability was annoying .

Only seems to be with routers the have been in production for a few years.

No issue with new USG20VPNW delayed in Feb this 2020.... however its VTI partner usg20wVPN 2016 regularly locked up such that remote SMB file server req's VTI session from other would fail with DNS failures....

thanks for your confirmation mate!

warwick

Hong kong

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee

Hi @warwickt

Can you describe more details about the symptoms?

Is the issue always happened on the USG20W-VPN 2016, or it happens after upgrade to the latest firmware?

• Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 281  Zyxel Employee

Hi @warwickt

Thanks for the detail examination and the findings. Regarding to the problematic device "2016 deployed USG20VPN", Had you ever tried to replace the device with the same model USG20VPN "deployed in late 2018" with totally the same configuration file? Are things getting better after swapping by a new manafactured model?

If so, can you try to do firmware recovery and db recovery by following procedure on your device (remember to save your configuration file locally rebore doing this). The "FW recovery" and "DB recovery" procedure are the same, the only difference is the uploading file (firmware file: xxx.bin, db file: xxx.db)

• warwickt
    warwickt Posts: 111  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi Zyxel_Vic thanks for the great response.

Apologies for the slo response .. been busy

Please permit me a day to respond to your request.

Regards

warwick

Hong Kong

Security Highlight