How to setup the nxc2500 with Internet and a managed switch

Reebs
Reebs Posts: 8
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
My question is how do i connect my internet connection to a managed switch and to the nxc2500 controller.  I want the ability to have multiple VLans that could be hardwired or wireless through the nxc2500 controller/AP's.  I was thinking the managed switch could be the DHCP server and serve the controller/AP's and the users.  How do i go about setting this up?  Do i setup all the vlan information in the managed switch and some how past that along to the controller?

Hoping someone can help me out, thanks.

Best Answers

All Replies

• Reebs
    First Comment

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Reebs
    Here is our handbook link which introduces how to set WiFI Multiple SSID. You could refer to the chapter 2.2 with page 29.
    https://download.zyxel.com/NXC2500/handbook/NXC2500_NXC%20Controller%20Series%20Handbook%20Version%204.pdf
    Welcome to refer for this document.
    Joslyn
  • Reebs
    First Comment
    edited April 2020
    thanks, in the example do i attach the AP's to the controller or the switch?  I have seen examples of both in the handbook.

also in the first part of your response it shows assigning a static ip to vlan10 192.168.10.33, is that required? if so then do i need to create a static ip for each vlan? so vlan20 would have  static ip address like 192.168.20.XX?